Bloom and Grow: Say Goodbye

"You were once my one companion, You were all that mattered, You were once a friend, Then my world was shattered, Wishing you were somehow here again, Wishing you were somehow near, Sometimes it seemed if I just dreamed, Somehow you would be here, help me say goodbye."- wishing you were somehow here again, from Phantom of the Opera 


I made a choice to say goodbye to someone that I once cared about this last week. Tears found my face after I gave the last piece I had of them back. Those tears showed me that I deeply cared for that person, but if I didn't let them go I would only hurt myself more. So I let go and gave them to God. 
I learned something from Frozen that you have to sometimes let things go no matter how much you want them around.  You can't hold something back because you don't want to deal with the pain. You get to experience the pain because that person ment something to your story. 
I gave my story to God so that he could write it. I can't wait to see where He takes me from now on. I must remember to let go.


                                
I know it doesn't look like much but this was the last piece I had to let go of. It's done now and I'm eagerly looking toward the future and what God has in store for my redemption season. 

Comments

Popular Posts