Little Brother's battle: The End...of a greater begining


For 22yrs I had a younger brother.
For 22yrs I was a middle child.

I gained all this when I was 5yrs old and wanting a sister.
I fondly remember when my parents told me about mom having another child,
hoping (and praying) for a girl.
Instead, I got a curly haired little brother.

We did life together and had many adventures.
 I am so proud of the person he grew up to be.

When he got sick I only regret that I could not muster many visits to the hospital.
The times I was able to spend with him were wonderful.
It was hard to watch his health decline over the months.

on March 28, 2018, I woke up, I got ready for work,
Crawled on his bed, told him "I loved you" and left.
I got a call on my way home,  upon arriving he was barely alive.
It was only a matter of hours and he slipped into Heaven.

In June I married my love.
Jonathan was originally in my wedding. We had a friend stand in for him.
We also made sure he was remembered throughout the day.

I will never forget you, I will tell those that are to come about you.
Love you

Comments

Popular Posts