I am HOME!!!! (from Germany that is)

It was a great joy and blessing to go with the group from Multnomah University to Bitburg, Germany, while we were over there we partnered with Cadence Student Ministries to put on ESCAPE 2012. Escape is a retreat for junior high students that are children of Military families.
God blew my mind while over there. I loved working with the kids and could not believe their energy level. On the last morning of the retreat I was reflecting on everything God has done in my life over the last couple of years, and He has been so faithful! I was at a point about 2 years ago that i felt that I had lost my joy and had become a very hard person, I put so many walls up that I stopped counting them. Needless to say i was broken. While reflecting on the weekend i realized something, my joy had returned. I could see that God was breaking down the walls that I put up and changing my heart. God is so good!
While sitting in the hall of the youtel (youth hostel) I realized that I could do this or something like this long term. It all depends on where God puts me. I can't wait to see what God has in His AMAZING plans for my life. Part of my hope and Prayer is that some how i would be able to return and spend more time with these kids that need someone like me to mentor and have a relationship with them.
Going to Germany  got me very excited to see the plans that God may have for my future. Just the thinking about this makes me excited for My future walking with God.

 
 This was the logo for the retreat. "Marvels" was the theme this year.

 
The four of us were the mascots for each color team.
Orange- Tim Tebow (Ryan Johnson) Purple- Justin Bieber (Austin Davis) Red- Red Riding Hood (myself-Julia Patterson) Blue- Pirate Zac (Zac Crandell)

 
This was the small group I helped out (mentored) for the weekend

Comments

Popular Posts