Life as I know it: 330 days

The first year is the hardest.
That is what I was told the whole time I was getting ready for my wedding.


It has been 330 days since my wedding.

I was reflecting on the last year as I look forward to our anniversary. 

Then I realized as I looked back what a year it was. 

In January 2018, we were eagerly looking toward a transplant for my little brother.

Things took a turn for the worse in late February, and in March he was gone. 

I was in the middle of planning my wedding when grief hit me square in the face. 

I got married in June to the man of my dreams. 


It has been almost a year of ups and downs. 
You have walked me through deep grief and great joy.
I'm thankful for this man who has stood beside me and anchored me.
There is no one I'd rather do marriage or life with.
You make me a stronger person by believing in me. 
There is no one I would rather fight with or for. 
You are my Northstar and in you I am home. 


Love you to the moon and back sweet boy. 

Comments

Popular Posts