Bloom and Grow: Summer Chaos

SUMMER!!! 
Summer for me was crazy! 
So since I didn't blog a ton I thought I'd summarize it on one (potentially long) post.

Summer Job!
At the beginning of summer I was hired full time on at King's Way Learning Center as an assistant teacher in the 3 1/2-4 year old class. I worked there almost all summer (except two weeks for camp). God put me there to allow those kids to love me. The kiddos knew before I did when I needed some extra love and gave me lots of hugs. It was wonderful to see God through their lives. 
While I was working God granted me the friendship of two wonderful co-workers. 
One of which I had a standing lunch date with for two months. Then God called her to a new job in a different state. The other lovely co-worker became good friends with me as we ended up cleaning at the end of the day together all summer. She is now transitioning into a new job as well! 
I am so excited for my friends, but at the same time I hate people I love are leaving me. 
I have learned that God wants to keep me uncomfortable in this time. 
I keep in touch with these friends, but they are not a regular part of every day life.
New adjustments in my life!

Camps! 
I served with two different church camps this summer. 
The first one was high school Ski Camp: The Highland Way (Scottish theme) (July 7-11)
The week was about what we hold as our identity, and how we are part of God's clan.
I served as a co-counselor for five seniors and one freshman. 
My wonderful co-councelor and I

the stage for worship

Team (Clan McFarly) picture

Our team flag, my cabin was Holy Haggis

Girls can paintball too! We had paintball as an afternoon activity.

during the week there was a team competition for the golden haggis. 
Clan McFarly won it!

This is the whole camp squeezed into one silly photo. 


The second was Kids Camp (August 4-8)
This is a camp for 3rd-6th graders, I went as staff for the junior high work crew, lovingly called G.A.G.G. Staff (God's Active Grime Gang).
During the week we cleaned up after every meal, cleaned the bathrooms daily, set up and cleaned up/took down games, and made a campfire ready. I also lead a small group of three girls. 

GAGG Staff on our way to kids camp

The Girls on staff

We had lessons on being a servant

down to the beach

what would kids camp be with out wacky wednesday!

Other activities
So when I wasn't working, or at camp. I got to have some Adventures!
I took a trip to Cannon Beach, Fort Stevens and Seaside with my family as well as my aunt, uncle and cousin from Texas.

Peter Iredale Selfie

Haystack Rock selfie


my beautiful cousin and I

Haystack Rock (through my sunglasses lens)

Haystack Rock (through my sunglasses lens)

the view down the beach at Ecola State Park

the view down the beach at Ecola State Park

Ecola Light House

close my summer at Camp 18 for lunch


Over all it was a crazy, amazing and very growing summer. 
God has been doing some great things in my life. I
can't wait to see what else he has in store for this season he has me in.



Comments

Popular Posts