Bloom and Grow: Blessings Come Through Rain Drops

It has been a stressful couple of weeks for me, with school starting. God romances me in unique ways, last night I was up late, I heard Blessings By Laura Story on the radio, two verses stood out to me

"'Cause what if your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise"

Part of why they stood out was "What if your blessings come through rain drops."
Living in Washington it rains quite a lot, so I think that some of God's good blessings can come through rain drops. When it rains, every thing (to an extent) becomes clean(er). For some of us this means the allergens get washed out of the air and we can breath better. God brings rain for refreshment and also to water his creation.
The lyrics go on "What if your healing comes through tears" in the last months and years have discovered that when I cry it lets something out that wouldn't have gotten out otherwise. I've told several people that are going through a rough time that tears are good. They are good they are ways for the rest of the world to melt away and you just silently cry out to God in that time.

"The rain, the storms, the hardest nights, Are your mercies in disguise" you live life through these times, and they are sacred to God. Everyone has storms in their life and struggle differently than you so please give them grace while they are there. I've been there quite a bit and granting grace and mercy help in this time. Also storms can be different in different times. These crazy times are times for God to romance you and love you in your most vulnerable state. Each of the storms that you go through are to bring you closer to God's heart.

He is always there for you even on "the hardest night". I know that two of my hardest nights have happened, the night I lost my dad, the night my grandpa (dad's side) joined him. There are some other hard nights, but those are two that were especially hard for me. Partly because they were nights when I didn't think that God was there.. Those nights were when he was there He was carrying me.

The mercy shown us, "is thirst the world can't satisfy". This is something that only God can quench. God gives us rain and storms to carry us and to quench the thirst that no one else in this world can satisfy.

What blessings has God brought you through rain drops?
What storms is he carrying you through?
What are the hardest nights that He has been there for you through?

In these times allow God to satisfy and grant you mercies in disguise.
"Remember this is not our home"


Comments

Popular Posts