Life as I know it: Little Brothers Battle

I know I haven't posted about my journey lately.. mostly because I got to busy to write.
I am going to try to start blogging more because it's healthy for me.

About two weeks ago my mom took my little brother to the doctor because he wasn't feeling that great. The doctor did some tests and called my mom the next day. From there on out things happened quickly. 
at the time he tentatively diagnosed my little brother with,

Lymphoblastic Leukemia 

Leukemia.... (You read that right.) Bone cancer. 
This was scary to hear as an older sibling, knowing I can't fix him..

He told my mom to take my little brother to OHSU (Oregon Health and Sciences University) emergency room coordinating with the cancer doctors there. Little brother was then put on the floor with the rest of the Leukemia fighters. He did not feel good at all. 

We got a more firm diagnosis the next day: Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
He was able to start treatments (sooner than the doctors initially thought).The fight is not over yet. This could be a battle that takes months or maybe years, (but with the advances in medical knowledge this battle can be won).

Below are some pictures of how I see this battle 

Medicine helping my brother fight




Brother 





The empty chair at the dinner table




Welcome to the new normal of my life.
Welcome to my Little Brother's Battle

Comments

  1. We love your whole family Jules. We are with you in heart, spirit, and prayer. Love, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts