Planted Here for A Season, so Bloom and Grow

A while back I was reading a blog post from my best friend that's in Germany about  Blooming Where I'm Planted, her post inspired this one.

I was thinking as a new quarter of school started for me three weeks ago, what does God wants me to do with my time living at home and going to community college? He has reaffirmed His answer  several times through me talking with my Bible study at church and He spoke it over my heart, "My daughter, I have planted you here for a season, bloom and grow where I've planted you".  I know each season must come to an end, but it is not the end of my season yet. Just like it is not the end of winter until the warm sun of spring comes and breaks through the cold ice. This is my season to bloom and grow at home.

What am I planted in this season for? Only God knows and I will get to bring him glory through it. I have a plan for the next season, but ultimately God holds the future in His hands and perfect timing. God has called me to bloom like a beautiful rose and expose what he has done in my life. This doesn't in any way mean that it will be easier, but it's the hard things that will shape me. Just like for a plant to thrive it needs a source of good soil, and water. For me to thrive I have to rely on my source, my good soil (Bible study and Church) and I need water (regularly reading my Bible and Praying big).

One thing that this season has taught me so far is that I must re-learn to pray. I must pray like a child. Being child-like means that I trust that God to knows what he is doing and that it will be good. God wants only the best for His children. Also it has taught me that no prayer will go un-noticed or un-heard, He is listening all the time (no matter what).

I am looking forward to seeing how God will continue to grow me in this season. I will take root here for this time and bloom where He has planted me. I know that like a gardener takes care of plants, my  "gardener" will prune and help me to bloom in this season.



Comments

Popular Posts