The Last Ten Months: Part Two

The last ten months has been crazy!!  Filled with tears, joy, laughter, and some wonderful surprises. Here is the second part of my update. :) (January- May)

January-
After a month at home school started back up the end of January. I moved back in to Memorial dorm. This spring my wonderful RA titled our hall "storybook". Each girl has a story that God is going to use to further his kingdom.

Shortly after moving back in class started for the semester. Classes are great! I enjoyed each of my professors. I really enjoyed getting ready to return to Germany.

February-
Dorm section retreat was AMAZING!!!

We spent the night over at a Multnomah Alumni director's home had an amazing dinner, watched the Princess Bride, and had an amazing breakfast. We were able to have a great conversation. It was an  amazing get away!

Also in February for me I met (my now boyfriend) Chris. We first met shortly after returning to school in January though mutual friends. We re-met after a worship night with our brother dorm section. We started bumping into each other after that at multnomah.


I applied to Black Lake Bible Camp. Making plans for my summer, hoping to have an amazing time. I applied and was fully committed to spending the summer working in Olympia, WA.


Germany adventure
                                      the group from Multnomah at the Heidelberg castle

I got the chance to return to Germany with a group from Multnomah. While we were there we lead a retreat for junior high military students. It was so much fun! I was able to re-connect with the girl that i mentored last year. It was so amazing to see how much she has grown in the last year.

                                                Picture with the girl I mentored last year



March-
Along with School going in full force they had homecoming week at MU
                                                               Heidi, Leanne, and I
Part of homecoming week at Multnomah was twin/triplet day. This is a picture with me and my triplets.

April-
A nice break from school came with Spring Thaw (A theological youth retreat at Multnomah for high school students (although many college students came). The Youth Ministry program on campus headed up most of the retreat and I helped out.

over the weekend I had many parts, one of which was being a zombie in the opening skit. 


I also helped with Operation Underground. It's was a simulation of the persecuted church for the high school students to go through. 

Some other things happened in April:
Chris asked me out on our first date on the 11th, He took me to Sisters' Coffee Shop in downtown Portland. It was a nice date. He was a perfect gentleman and I felt like a princess.

I got a wonderful opportunity to celebrate my dear friend Larissa's Birthday. It was a chance to celebrate her before she left for Germany.

Larisa and I

 Hondra, Jennica, Larisa, Heidi, Leanne, and I after Birthday dessert.


Shortly there after I was offered job at Black Lake Bible Camp! The position was as a Day Camp Counselor. I was excited to be part of camp life for a summer.


May-
The big event for the spring was Junior Senior Banquet. The theme was Great Gatsby. I transported myself to the 1920's for the event.



the dress

A good friend did my makeup

a friend's room mate did my hair



I went on the arm of my handsome date (Chris and I) 

At the end of finals week I had the chance to perform in Giselle with Northwest Classical Ballet. (Look the story up.. for your self)

in Giselle I played the part of the mother

my other part was a willi (spirit) third one in front row)

This is very long over due, but i'll tell about my adventure filled summer next. 



Comments

Popular Posts